7.30.2013

I Want To Be Bold

I pray for boldness. I want to be bold for the Kingdom of God. I want to do the things that Jesus did for the glory of the LORD.

Yet so many times He provides opportunities for me to bold and I shrink back. I tell Him it's too hard. I can't do it. I'm scared.

How big is our God? How much do we really trust Him?

Last week I had several opportunities to be bold. By His grace I was able to rise up and accept those opportunities. Because I knew He was with me I wasn't really afraid at all. I knew what He wanted to do He would. I decided to obey and let Him work as He willed.

You know what? It wasn't bad at all. Some people were receptive and some people weren't. Either way, I did what I was supposed to do. Since then I've contemplated how many times the Lord has asked me to do something but because of my preconceived notions in thinking that I'd mess up or look stupid or not do a good enough job I didn't rise up to the occasion and missed out on the way He would bless me and others through my obedience.

Are we just asking God for the things we believe we can do? Are we just accepting the "easy" things while neglecting to take up our crosses and follow Him wherever He leads us? Hmmm. Doesn't He tell us we can do all things through Christ because HE gives us strength?

Lord, give us boldness to follow You. Help us to accept every opportunity You want us to and trust You to do what You will in each situation. Forgive us for how we have failed you in the past. Thank You for Your grace.
                                Amen.

“I have commanded you, ‘Be strong and courageous! Don’t tremble or be terrified, because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.’" - Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)