7.01.2013

To The Ladies - Monday Reflections

Many of you know my struggle with food and my body image. (For those of you that don't, you can read a little about it here.)

Well, a week ago I decided to lay it down at the Lord's feet... again. Do you ever feel like life just consists of letting go of the same things over and over? Yeah, me too. Anyway, this time it was done before everybody in church at the altar. It wasn't done to be seen by others, but just because that was when the Spirit moved me and said, "Daughter, go lay it down." So I did.

I had been reading 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 that morning in devo time and it says,

" Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple."

In context, Paul is addressing divisions in the body of Christ and telling the Church that we are one and not to beat up on each other, but to love and serve one another. But for me personally that verse meant realizing that my body is His holy dwelling place. My body is His and starving it or overeating are both wrong ways to treat His temple. It also meant believing that I am holy because He has made me holy and because of that, constantly comparing myself to others is wrong.

You know Instragram is a fun place, but at times I can get sucked in looking at pics of friends and start thinking, "Wow. I'm doing nothing with my life." Where's my value? Where does it come from? It sho don't come from other people, y'all. But let's be real, that's how we measure it sometimes don't we? "Well so and so did ______ and ______. I'm so jealous. I wish I was her." No. God made you, you! Don't wish away who He's made you to be. Embrace who you are in Him!

So today's Monday reflection is to think on where you've been finding value and why. Take some time to look at how you're treating the temple He's given you. Take some time to lay down your constant longing to be skinnier, prettier (lady, you are fearfully and wonderfully made!), more accomplished, or whatever. Take those things to the Lord, lay them down, and choose to rest in Him. You may find you have to let go of some things. I've had to stop mindlessly eating and going to check on what my friends are doing everyday. It's too tempting to look at someone and think they have it all together when we're all just messed up people in need of the Savior Jesus.

You are loved, child. Dearly. We can't ever fully comprehend His love for us but let's bask in it every day He gives us. Aight? Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)