8.11.2013

When It's Better To Wait...

I got some ice-cream at Micky D's today (because they know what to do when it comes to ice-cream cones! Anybody feelin' me on that one?!) and while I was there what I'm writing here came to mind.

When I got there the ice-cream machine wasn't ready yet. It needed to chill a little longer to be ice-cream. I told the girl there I'd wait (yeah, I really wanted some... haha!), but she thought maybe the machine was ready. She checked it and it came out like water. Not cool enough yet.

I sat and waited for about 10 minutes.
10 minutes or so later I got some.
Was it worth it? YES!
Why? Because I got a chocolate dipped cone that wasn't watery and was the right consistency.

My encouragement to you is this: sometimes you're going through trials that you don't think you'll ever come through. Sometimes God seems so far away and you wonder if He even cares (1 Peter 5:7... yes, He does.).

KEEP WAITING.

If there's nothing else to do but wait on Him, do it. Why? Because maybe not today or tomorrow or even the next month, but in Heaven when you hear His words, "Well done, My good and faithful servant." you'll be glad that you waited. It will be worth it.

Also, in case you were concerned, God does not leave us to try and wait on our own. His grace supplies us with all the strength we need to wait (Future Grace by John Piper has, by God's grace, helped me to grasp this a lot better). He, indeed, is holding on to us.

"Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord." - Psalm 27:14 AMP

Oh, Lord Jesus, help us to wait and trust you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)