10.23.2013

Word Vomit...? Yes.

I'm on my knees again.

Funny how the place I need to be most is the place I most dislike to be.

Because I'm an "independent" woman, having been raised to do what I can do and attempt the things I'm not sure I can. Because when I failed, crying wasn't an option, getting up and trying again was my way.

But sometimes you can't do things. Sometimes you fail and all you can do is cry out in prayer to the LORD. What then?

Sometimes I base my worth and whether God is pleased with me based on how much I got done in a day. If the to-do list is still just as long as it was when I first began the day, somehow it seems like God is frowning.

What if, regardless of how much we did or didn't get done today, God was still pleased? What if we learned the secret to doing all things- big, small, indifferent- for His glory?

Colossians 3:23-24,
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

I'm a  firm believer that if it were impossible to do all things to glorify Christ, then this verse wouldn't be in the Bible. Our problem is we want to get everything done and then some, all in our own strength. We can't do anything apart from Jesus. He told us that! So why in the world do we think that we can do anything without Him?

I gotta be real with y'all and let you know that I've been getting sidetracked and distracted a lot the past few weeks. It's been on again, off again, on again, with the distraction train. It's hard to build friendships that are centered on Christ and stay centered on Christ. It's hard to roll out of bed in the morning to go to work when you're battling the lies of deception. It's hard to tell someone you love the things that will probably hurt them most... but might change their lives.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Will join with me in praying for the LORD to help us see the unseen and do things that last eternally?

Jesus,
thank You for the trials in our lives that remind us to come to You because on our own we can do nothing. Thank You for granting us favor in the eyes of the Father because of Your sacrifice on the cross. Let us passionately take up our crosses, denying our flesh, and follow You today into the unknown. Help us see the unseen and form relationships that will last beyond this earth. Thank you for another sweet day to be in Your presence.
Amen.

Be a good steward of your time today. Glorify Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)