12.30.2013

2013 - a look back.

2013 has flown by in some ways and in others it seemed like it would. never. end.

Either way I have been extremely, extremely blessed this year and I praise God for it all.

This year I was faced with the choice to stay or move and I chose to move and was blessed with one incredible church family I would have never known existed. They are so precious and probably have no idea how much they encourage me to walk closer with Jesus and live life.

This year I also faced one of the biggest tests of my faith yet. I was pierced with questions and anxiety like you wouldn't believe and I wasn't sure I was gonna make it out. By the grace of God, I stand. Hallelujah.

I learned to love a little better, smile a little more, never underestimate the power of a hug, that "awkwardness" can actually be a good thing, that no one is perfect and it's a filthy lie from Satan to expect perfection from yourself or others when Jesus is that perfect for us. I learned that some of the sweetest times can be the most chill, and that it's totally okay to go see a movie twice in theaters because you liked it (hello, Frozen!).

I have been cradled by my Abba this year and nourished by Him. Seriously, there are times this year that I can only say I kept moving forward because He was there pushing me on.

There were days where the only verse I could repeat to myself over and over again was Isaiah 30:15,

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
“In repentance and rest is your salvation,
    in quietness and trust is your strength..."

And so I would go forth in trust and quietness because that's all I could do.

God is faithful to lead us out and though I don't understand how that works or what that may look like in your life or even in mine, I know He will. That's faith for today and let's pray faith for 2014. To God be the glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)