2.08.2014

A Godward Heart - Book Review

John Piper has to be one of my all time favorite authors and pastors. He can put things so profoundly and yet still keep it simple for those of us who don't have theology degrees.

When I saw A Godward Heart up for review I knew I had to get it. When I realized it was a devotional, I thought, "Even better." As soon as it came I started it that night. I have not been a bit disappointed with it.

John Piper has chosen several different things he's talked about before and put it into short and concise devotional form. The point? To treasure God more and more each day. For us who live in the world but fight not to be like it, this proves to be quite the task that we cannot do apart from Him (Jesus). I've found this devotional to be a great tool to help with that.

If you're looking for a new devotional (we're still at the beginning of the year, so I'm sure there's a few out there still looking) or you have a friend looking for one, pick this up (and maybe pick up a copy for yourself?). Definitely won't be disappointed.

*Note: I received a complimentary copy of this book for the purposes of a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)