2.20.2014

Be still my soul {devotional} - book review

I've always loved music. Ever since I was a little girl my radio and I have been attached. So you can imagine that when I found a devotional that includes many different hymns and the stories behind them (eeek!), I was pretty stoked.

There's a writer inside us all that dreams of amazing stories and this devotional has told many, many of them. From Fanny Crosby to John Newton to the anonymous people that wrote words that touch the soul at it's core, we find amazing stories of faith, fear, truth, and our Redeemer.

I've been reading a page each day since I got this devotional and each day I am both challenged and encouraged by what I've read. It's amazing what happens when we surrender to the Lord (though I am not saying it's easy) and how He works through all of us broken ones.

If you're still looking for a devotional, I would really recommend this one. If you know someone who likes stories and music this would be a great gift for them... and you. ;)

*Note: I received a free copy of this book for the purpose of a review. All views expressed are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)