2.24.2014

Doing the hard, weird things

Today I did something a little weird (for myself and definitely for the world).

I prayed for someone who hurt me and I struggle (a ton!) to love. Even typing that sentence hurts. Because in my mind they don't deserve love.

But in reality neither do I.

So I prayed for them and I really didn't feel too much better, but I did feel a little relief (call it more of God's grace?). I felt a little more peaceful. And though the tears threatened to roll, I knew that this was what He told me to do and so I must.

Why am I telling you this? Not to toot my horn and say, "Be like me." but to say look at how our Lord can strengthen us to do the really hard things that hurt. Look how He can show us His strength and power and healing and grace. Look how once you've been graced, you can show grace.

What's hard for you right now and downright painful? Maybe you're not completely at that point where you can pray for someone who has hurt you (it's taken a few weeks of wrestling for me), but maybe you can ask God to help you reach that point... because He will. Grace to you.

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)