2.23.2014

Perfectionism- the good and bad of it

Perfectionism can be such a thief in life.

But can I tell you a secret? When I'm being really honest I can admit to the fact that perfection is what I crave and desire... A LOT of the time.

One mess up and I'm ready to go back to start because life is a lot easier when you can start over and not have to deal with the mess. But real life? Yeah, real life means you don't get to go back to start, but you do get to see how the Redeemer does His work and how He uses bad things for good in our lives.

Perfection robs us of experiencing true grace. It robs us from seeing true Grace.

However, you know what perfection also does? When we strive for it, and fail to measure up to it, we get a deeper understanding of just how awesome Christ is. For every way I fall short, He intervenes and stands in my place. Um, yeah, I still can't grasp that, but seriously- wow!

Why did I write this post? Well, for a few reasons:

1. It's been on my mind.
2. I haven't written a blog post in a while and I thought I should.
3. Because I want to remind myself and you that's it's okay to not measure up or be perfect because our Father God already knew that when Jesus took the cross. Hallelujah.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)