3.04.2014

Restless - book review

We all long to have lives that matter. We have all felt the ache to do something that matters. But far too often fears, anxieties, sin, people etc. hold us back from pursuing those things that matter... from seeking out the things that matter. Or we simply just don't know where to start and our solution to that problem is to just not start at all (I know this because I've lived this many times).

In her new book, Restless, Jennie Allen presses women all over the world to seek out their God, to find the gifts He's given them, and use them to glorify His name and reach their bigger goals, dreams, and ultimately their purpose.

Restless is filled with stories of women who are wrestling, struggling to reach their bigger dreams, the ones they know God has given them and they just don't know how to get there or where it ultimately leads. Restless is also filled with stories of women who are still seeking out their purposes, dreams, and desires that God has placed within them and has for them. They are still struggling and still searching.

Somewhere in there is you and me. Somewhere in there is the story of how you're beginning the search or in the midst of it. Maybe you need some direction, some guidance. I think this book would be a good place to look. Not because Jennie has all the answers (I think she'd be the first to tell you she doesn't), but because she helps to point us to the God who does.

I read Jennie's first book Anything not too long ago and was completely blessed by it (also, I think it sounds really good when you say that you read the author's first book when writing a review for their second one ;) ). That's why I got Restless when I saw it was up for review. I was not disappointed by it and I don't think you will be either.

If you need guidance or direction about where and how you should go about taking the next step God wants you to take, pick up this book. It is filled with love, grace, wisdom, and honesty.

"To know that we do not measure up and that we don't have to because of Jesus, because of grace, means that life gets a whole lot more fun." - p. 184

Note: I received a free copy of this book for the exchange of a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)