10.11.2014

Beside Bethesda - devotional review

I really enjoy devotionals. I think they're a good way to just connect with God for a few minutes, whether it be before bed, after work, before school, during your day, etc. I just think they are really good and helpful.

So naturally when I saw Beside Bethesda by Joni Eareckson Tada for review, I had to get it. I've heard many good things about Joni and her writing and I have nothing more than good things to say about her.

For about 2 weeks I've been reading her short devotions before bed and they are simply beautiful. I've been blessed to read them and have a few moments of prayer. Each one talks about healing in some way. At the end of each devotion is a scripture and some thoughts to reflect on.

Joni is very honest and open in her writing which makes it feel more like a good friend or sister is writing to you. Her heart for the Lord makes you want to draw closer to Him.

If you're looking for some quiet moments with God and you're not sure where to get started, I recommend grabbing this devotional. It's a great kickstart to your time with God.

*Note: I received a free copy of this book for the exchange of a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)