5.01.2015

I need Jesus

If you've been on Pinterest recently you might have seen a t-shirt that's been circulating around.

It says simply: 'Y'all Need Jesus.'

I thought it was rude from the first time I saw it. Let's think through this, we are Christians because WE need Jesus EVERY DAY. We realize the need for a Savior. So telling other people they need Jesus without pointing the finger back at yourself seems silly to me. I could be reading too much into it (wouldn't be the first time! Haha!), but I don't think I am.

So, friends. Let me tell you. I need Jesus.

I need Jesus for the days where everything is good.
I need Jesus for the days I wake up and it's like a huge depression cloud is over me.
I need Jesus for the days where every emotion possible is felt and overwhelming me.
I need Jesus when I'm overwhelmed.
I need Jesus when everything is alright.
I need Jesus when everything is not.
I need Jesus for the lonely days and the days filled with people.
I need Jesus when I'm to my breaking point.
I need Jesus because who else will save me? (Answer: No one.)
I need Jesus because I don't have it all together.
I need Jesus because I'm a people pleasing, constantly comparing, insecure woman.
I need Jesus because I'm a mess.
I need Jesus because I NEED JESUS.

I'm not pointing the finger solely at me or solely at you. I'm looking at us both and saying, yes. We need Jesus. Not because we need Him to have a perfect life or get ''everything together'' but because we need a Savior who walks with us through every single thing in our life and shows us the Way through (He is the way). We need Jesus because we need Him!

Thank You, Lord!!!! Jesus, I need You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)