5.01.2015

Spiritually Strong - book review

I like to exercise. I've been trying to live out a healthy lifestyle for years. I would say for the most part, I succeed. There are times where I don't eat as well as I should or exercise nearly enough, but for the most part I do eat healthy and exercise a good amount.

I got the book Spiritually Strong by Kristen Feola because it sounded like a really good book and I like fitness stuff so might as well, right?

I set out to read a chapter a week, but I failed in that. However, reading through it I can tell you it's a very informative, helpful book on not just fitness, but on our spiritual health as well.

Sometimes we get so caught up in how well we fit into our skinny jeans that we neglect to see how well we are fitting into God's Kingdom and His plan for our lives. We neglect how well we eat, but we also neglect how well we take in God's Word and how well we pray.

I really liked how Kristen talked on both spiritual and physical health because as Christians, we know they both go together. If you're body is suffering it could be because of physical stuff or it could be because of spiritual stuff as well and Kristen does a good job addressing both issues.

Overall I would say this is an excellent book. Filled with Scripture and personal stories, you'll not be dulled by nothing but information. Really good job, Kristen!

I would recommend this book to anybody looking to be a bit more healthy in both areas of their lives and I would especially recommend this book to families because I think this would be a wonderful book to go through together.

*Note: I received a free copy of this book for the exchange of a review. All views expressed are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)