1.22.2016

40 days of decrease - review

I have never read anything by Alicia Britt Chole. I saw this book, 40 Days of Decrease, and thought, that sounds amazing and exactly like what I need.

So I started it.

I have been greatly encouraged and challenged by this book. Alicia´s goal is for people to draw closer to the Lord and decrease many different things in the process.

For me, it is material excess that I have to be careful about and not over buy or hoard things. I have been challenged while reading this book to let Christ fill up those places that seem empty.

This book is made to be used for Lent, it includes several passages in the Bible as well as paragraphs from various people to educate about Lent and some traditions or insights into it. There is a suggested Bible passage for each day as well as a journaling space included.

Obviously this book is great to use as a devotional any time, as I have been doing. Alicia offers a tiny glimpse into her big heart for God on each page. She does not just challenge to get away from things, but also to look to Christ instead of others things such as regret, what we lack, or our mistaken identity as told to us by the world. I am so happy that I have gotten to read this and draw closer to Christ.

I recommend to anyone looking to get away from excess in the world and increase their love and hunger for God.

Note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)