4.13.2016

A Refuge At Highland Hall - review

I have read the two previous books in this series from Carrie Turansky and they were both wonderful reads, however, for me this book was different.

My personal opinion was that this book was eerily similar to the tv show, Downton Abbey. What I mean by that is I thought quite a bit of it was very much inspired and somewhat changed to fit writing style, and yet some of the situations were very similar to those I've seen in that show.

I am not accusing her of having ripped off the tv show's script or anything of the sort, just I was looking for the different situations and experiences that I have read in her two previous books in this series.

If you like that show, you'll like this book to be certain. However, if you're looking for something a little different with a bit of a twist, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this book to you.

Note: I received a copy of this book for the exchange of a review. All views and opinions expressed are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)